C4AT has been working with Bay Area schools since 1983.
Over the past 32 years, we’ve worked with more than 38 Bay Area School districts and over 200 individual schools to ensure that children with disabilities access their education. . We continue to provide direct services for students, training for staff, and consultation with the IEP team on Assistive Technology.
- Assistive Technology assessments and evaluations
- Training & technical assistance for students
- Training & technical assistance for professionals, teachers and aides
- Advice & recommendations on purchasing Assistive Technology hardware and software
- Selecting, adapting, and customizing Assistive Technology devices
- Coordinating other therapies, interventions or services with Assistive Technology
We provide services for children with a wide range of disabilities and medical conditions including:
- Orthopedic impairments
- Autism/Autistic-like behaviors
- Blindness/Low vision
- Speech/language impairments
- Developmental disabilities
- Specific learning disabilities
- Fine motor issues
- Multiple disabilities
- Traumatic Brain injuries
- Other health impairments
The process is easy to get started. In order to work with a student with a disability, we need a Purchase Order or a contract and an ISA (Individual Service Agreement) from the District.
Working Directly with District Staff
- Identify tools that increase universal access to education.
- Build skills modeling and integrating AT and AAC tools.
- Consult for individual classes.
Assistance from Afar
For schools that are outside the Bay Area, the Center for Accessible Technology provides long distance consultation to assist IEP Teams in determining appropriate AT and AAC options.
C4AT staff can review student IEPs and reports, and recommend tool trials. We are also available for phone and email consultation for trouble-shooting, curriculum adaptations & modifications, and questions about appropriate technologies.
For more information, email us at email@example.com.